Thursday 2 July 2015

Here's To 19

You may or may not know, but I decided to hide my birthday on Facebook this year. The main reason being I wanted to experiment on my new friend in uni, see if they remembered (I did tell them a few months ago) instead of  only relying on Facebook's notification.

And I was honestly very surprised to find that a lot of my closest friends remembered! This proves that people actually care.  Mostly people only started wishing me after seeing my mother's birthday post (it has more than 150 likes now, wtf) on my wall, so at the beginning of my day, a bunch of aunties and uncles (whom I've never met) started wishing me. It was actually kinda cute haha

Anyway, I'm really grateful for all the wishes, especially the videos I received. I'll post a few soon. But first of all, I wrote a song for my nineteenth year. It's not exactly an original, but that's what I felt like writing haha.



Lyrics:
I remember
In early September
Arrived in Tainan
With my dreams and plans

Started university
Caught up in activities
And suddenly
I find I'm 19

Happy birthday to me

Remembering 18
I proclaimed myself Queen
Dyed my hair red
But I was still slightly green

Now I'm 19
All the places I've been 
The faces I've seen
My hair is actually kinda green

Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday dear Noel
Happy birthday to me

I would honestly like to thank my parents, eventhough we can't celebrate together this year, they made sure I was still treated like a princess :)

I didn't actually celebrate grandly like the previous years, all I did was to go out and makan with my brother. Here are some of the photos of the night.









Food was good and my brother belanja me so everything was well hehe.

Also in the afternoon I was chilling in our GuitarOffice and my friends gave me a kawaii cake haha. Kevin gave me a bubble blower too. It was extremely random.




My friends are so adorable haha

Speaking of adorable friends, my Homosapiens with Boobs made a video for me! It was filled with my snapchats and their love. Also filled with copyrighted material. Yiwen tried to upload it to many places but got blocked off so we spent three hours during midnight fussing over technology just to let me see the video. Her data even ran out halfway through. I love Yiwen.


And then another cute video I received was from my friends who were climbing Yushan (Jade Mountain), the highest peak in Taiwan. The video is honestly so adorable, listen closely to the other people speaking in the video. And they obviously didn't plan this, so when they suddenly started to sing the birthday song, their faces were so hilarious.

It made me very happy

Then after dinner, Xuncheng jio me out. Turns out he wrote a song for me. It was a song we wrote when we graduated from New Minyaotuan and he upgraded it. It's really nice, although you can hear me try (and fail) at harmonizing to this song haha. They lyrics are in Chinese and I damn lazy to translate lah, so just enjoy k



Lyrics:
在太夜的夜裡
有滿天的星星
看著看著喔
毛兒站起來了

太夜的夜裡
看見睡著的小狗
阿貝說牠
發了個夢

太夜的夜裡
我們對著影子彈吉他
唱著那些
充滿回憶的歌

不知不覺時間又滴答過去
荒唐虛度 太多太美有星星的夜
漂亮寶貝 妳不要哭
順著感覺去

在太夜的夜裡
有熟悉的人影
看著看著喔
心頭暖起來了

太夜的夜裡
你我訴說著心情
阿貝你曾說
你要勇敢追夢

在太夜的夜裡
躺在木舞看星星
好希望這些
不要成為過去

在每個太夜的夜裡
都有一道晨曦 
劃破夜空
提醒我們
要跨越現實前進


Of course, I can't forget all those cute and random DM's that I received, there are reasons I'm friends with all my friends. And through those DMs I remember why.

I guess, being 19 looks like it's going to be a hell of a ride :)

Thank you for being a part of it.

Nineteen Year Old Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

People who comment are sexy

These Are Apparently Popular