Thursday 3 July 2014

Being 18

Hi. My name is Noel. I am 18 years old.

What an awkward age to be. Am I an adult? Am I a teenager? Old enough to do adult things, but not mature enough to take responsibility for it.

When I was ten, I've always imagined what being 18 would feel like. I've always imagined myself tall, fabulous, a boyfriend by my fingertips and living the life in a university. Eighteen-year-old Noel would be able to drive to places, hang out with my friends past curfew, travel anywhere I like.

But being 17 was not exactly like that. Seventeen-year-old Noel was weighed down with school and exams and the heavy dread that sits in my stomach that whispers failure. She was silly, reckless and dreamed wild thoughts about her future.

I wonder how eighteen year old Noel will turn out?

Will she procrastinate? Will she fail? Will she fall? Will she find The One?

I don't know. But I am quite excited to find out.

I wonder who will find out by my side?

Here's to looking forward, partings, crossings and only looking back to laugh at myself
18 year old Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

People who comment are sexy

These Are Apparently Popular